Wednesday, February 06, 2013

The art of museum shows

Such excitement in my life - the date is confirmed for my participation in the Delaware Division of the Arts award winners group show at the Biggs Museum of American Art in Dover, Delaware. The opening reception is Friday, 2 August so mark your calendars - I'll post more details nearer the time. It is prestigious and an honour. I had 2 small pieces in a show at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Atlanta a few years ago.. and still experience the thrill.
There seems to be so much on my plate right now, I am pleased about this - I've a had a slow year or so, so the buzz fills me with energy and more ideas! As if I need more on my calendar but 'go for it' is my motto.
My solo show will be in December on the Mezzanine floor of the DDOA building... I am swimming through ideas for this one.
I'm thinking of revamping my website, so check it out in a few days to see how I'm doing! All comments gratefully received... constructive criticision that is  :)
I am very excited to have found a wonderful artist who is willing to work with me 1-on-1 for a 3 day workshop in sculpture. Once we are all sorted I'll let you have the details. But I will be heading up to Maine to do the workshop! Chilly Maine... it will be wonderful. While we were at the Hirshhorn Museum we spent some time in their sculpture garden... awesome work, a couple of samples as a teaser for you:
this one is by a Spanish sculptor, regret I forget his name
This is by Tony Cragg, a contemporary British sculptor from Liverpool. It's title? Subcommittee. Perfect!
Sculpted 1991



No comments: