Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Art of Time Management

This morning I woke to the daunting task of rehanging the entire gallery - The Vukuzakhe Project gets the whole front room. Tons of lists fly through my head. I have a gazillion - at least - things to do. So what did I do first?
Lee brought me my morning cup of tea, I sat in bed and looked at my view over the river walk. I've been meaning to do a little watercolour sketch of it for the past year. I got out of bed, got my travel kit and sat there sipping tea and painting.
Lee walked through.. stared for a while, and said .. "you're ... PAINTING?"
'Yes,' says me 'I've been meaning to do this for the past year."
"But you went on last night about how much you have to do today?"
"Yes, I do have an awful lot on my mind," I agreed happily. "But sometimes, you just have to stop and smell the roses."
so - here're my roses ... not sure if they helped me or not because absolutely nothing went right today... it is now nearly 5:00 p.m. and the gallery is still a mess. I'm WAY behind with everything. But I like a wee roses and their smell. It needed to be done.
The view from my bed of the river walk

© 2012 Anne Jenkins all rights reserved 
Visit my website and facebook page - I'd be happy if you "liked" the gallery page and follow it in the future... hope to see you at the gallery. It will all be in order shortly. I have no doubt.

No comments: