Saturday, April 14, 2012

The art of the week

I got some nice publicity this week with a big feature piece in the Milford Beacon... thank you to Christine Miller the arts reporter! Here's a link if your haven't seen it...
http://www.milfordbeacon.com/features/x1726851030/Artist-paints-scenes-of-home-from-Delaware-to-Africa

I finally decided painting # 4 in The Vukuzakhe Project is finished - "It's hard on GoGo" has been a long time is the making but I think the final edition is very atmospheric and the colours work well. GoGo means Grandmother and in this collaboration with Jabu's fabric landscape, she is barely coping with raising children left behind but her family are with her in spirit which gives her strength.

For some reason these are not photographing very clearly and look more washed out than they are in real life. Probably the light I've been photographing them in but they'll have to do for now. I am starting painting # 5 - the landscape is on the panel and I am working out how to paint it. In fact I'm thinking of doing 5 & 6 at the same time.

I am grateful and honoured to be selected to participate in the newest and most fabulous gallery in Rohoboth Beach - Anita Peghini-Räber Gallery opened with just a load of fun and antics last Saturday. The standard of art is very high and I met the other artists at the opening - they were all very nice and I enjoyed chatting with them. The gallery is at 49 Baltimore Ave and here's the link to their website http://rehobothart.com  - be sure to stop by when you're in the area and say hi to the lovely bubbly Anita and Denise.

The weather is so good right now all I really feel like doing is playing hookey and heading off on a road trip somewhere.... regret a look at my bank balance prevents this delightful course of action. Sigh

No comments: